We started another home remodeling project on Monday. This one involves removing an existing bathroom and closet and reconfiguring them to create a new more compact bathroom, and a new main level laundry area. The architect did a good job fitting everything into the space without requiring an addition to the home.
The first thing to deal with in such a project is the demolition. We carefully deconstruct the wall and ceiling areas. Quite a bit of the work we removed was installed in the late 1970’s, although the house is much older than that. It is always a challenge dealing with what you uncover. We will need to install proper bearing supports above windows and door openings, find room for new plumbing and electrical lines, and level ceilings as best we can.