Basement finishing

We started another basement finishing project last week. As with many of the finished basements in Northfield, this basement got soaked earlier this summer due to the heavy rains. So our first task was to cut up the concrete floor at the perimeter and install draintiles. We removed the wall finish, the used a diamond saw blade to cut the concrete floor. This is always a messy task, but again the old political signs come in handy to protect surfaces. We also set up plastic chutes and fans to create a negative pressure in the basement to pull the dust out the window. Lots of disturbance, but at least the area will be dry when we are done.